If you are concerned about the environment and the health and safety of your family then finding a safe way to clean is one of your top priorities, but not always the easiest. Most cleaning products are loaded with chemicals and trying to find a cleaning service that offers a green clean can be a challenge in itself.
There are a few ways to clean carpets centered around prevention which can actually reduce your cleaning bill and the frequency at which you are required to clean. Use this handy list below and see how it affects your life.
- Take your shoes off. You have no idea the amount of dirt and germs that are tracked in on your shoes. This one simple act can save you time and money in the long run and prolong the life of your carpets.
- Vacuum regularly. This no only removes surface dirt but also removes dust mites. Removing surface dirt from your carpets prevents dirt from being embedded in your carpets and cuts down on your deep cleaning.
- Use salt to soak up spills. Very often spills contribute to the look and feel of our carpets if not cleaned immediately and efficiently. Pour a generous amount of salt on the spill, let it dry and vacuum up when dry.
- Choose the right carpets. When choosing your carpet or area rug, go beyond aesthetics and choose a rug based on the materials it is made of and what it means for allergies and cleaning.
Stains and Cleaning:
- Use a steam cleaner with a mixture of water and vinegar.
- Make a paste with lemon juice and salt, apply and leave for 20 – 30 mins. This works well for lightly coloured rugs and will leave a fresh smell.
- Make a foaming solution with dish soap and equal parts baking soda. Apply foam to stained areas before steam cleaning with vinegar and water.
- At least once a year make use of a professional company that offer cleaning services in Port Elizabeth for a deep clean and make sure they use environmentally friendly products.